Ray
Had learned about it in marketing, watched the whole documentary on it on Discovery, had made an entire presentation on it, seen photographs, come up with a handy but ultimately useless marketing strategy to sell it and when I finally stepped into one …..

It was anti-climactic. I am talking about the colossus, the behemoth, the daddy of all air vehicles, yes the largest aircraft in the world, the A380, the monster on which I flew when I boarded an Emirates flight from New York to Dubai.

The plane doesn’t seem any bigger than any normal Airbus but then what was I thinking. It wasn’t like, it was going to be some titanic or something. Hehe., but a nice experience nonetheless. It has a maximum certified carrying capacity of a jaw-dropping 853 passengers. However, regular commercial flights carry upto 525.

Yet, while I didn’t realize a potential drawback while flying to India since it was on quick transfer to Ahmedabad, on my way back, I had to wait an eternity to get my baggage at JFK New York. With so many passengers, your luggage could be buried under a ton of bags for all you know. You just have to get lucky which I wasn't and almost missed my connecting bus.

If you are interested in the A380 design etc. , check the wikipedia link to the A380
Labels: edit post
0 Responses