Ray

*ing : Katherine Heigl, Gerard Butler
Directed by : Robert Luketic (Legally blonde)

I usually don't waste my time and valuable $$ on romantic comedies but since I had nothing better to do, I went and saw this R rated feature on the weekend. Maybe I should have gone with my instincts and stayed at home since the story was so stupid and that my friends is the ugly truth.

Cutting a long story short, Abby(Heigl) is an uptight morning show producer but the show ratings are plunging. Enter Mike(Butler) who with his in your face advice about relationships makes the show a success but in the process gets on Abby's nerves. She loathes his shallow personality and the manipulative ways he suggests to obtain women. She however tries his ideas to woo her next door greek God neighbor for whom she has fallen head over heels and whaddya know... they work. The friendship between Abby and Mike strengthens and the rest as we all know is predictability.

The thing is not that we know who will fall for who but the really crude humour that the movie throws at us. Yes some of it was really nippy and I found myself genuinely laughing loud but most of it was trash(vibrating panties, gimme a break). Katherine Heigl is getting stuck in similar roles(Knocked up) and should try something new. The only saving grace of this movie is Gerard Butler. I wished the movie makers would have stuck with his original Scottish accent. There is no other actor long enough on screen to talk about.

Overall, you can catch this movie on DVD with your wife, girlfriend or dog(yeah it is that silly).
Labels: edit post
3 Responses
  1. Nachiket Says:

    World of blogging: The Rayman has arrived


  2. Proma Says:

    haha I don't have a wife, girlfriend or dog ! SO I guess I won't spend my valuable time watching this even on DVD.
    Thanks for the review and keep more coming.


  3. Ray Says:

    Forgive me in assuming that the blog was only read by the guys.:P Let's change that to
    "Overall, you can catch this movie on DVD with your spouse or pet. Don't even think about taking your girlfriend/boyfriend to this one". :)