Ray
The brake pads on my Civic gave up on me at 28,000 miles, almost 7K miles too early. I don't know why, but it probably has to do something with the fact that I live in a hilly area. and have to brake constantly... not sure. The screechy sound from my tyres put my head in a spin. After asking a few service centers, not a single one was ready to do it under a whopping $200.

Ultimately, I had to ask the Leprechaun, an engineer in my office with a great expertise in cars and he suggested doing it myself. I shopped for a pad. Purchased Wagner's ceramic pads at an even $50 and on the weekend drove over to the Leprechaun's house who has all the tools handy.

Jacking up the car, he guided me step by step and infact even did the part of the job which required brute strength. After forty five minutes, I, for the very first time in my life, had done some proper mechanical work on the car , other than the usual fixing flats. :). Felt good. If the brakes go awry, I will have no one to sue though ;).

The service center people called me up the next day asking whether I was bringing the car in, i might even be eligible for a special offer and I replied , Take a Brake buddy, I have done it myself. A Big thanks to the Leprechaun.
0 Responses