Ray
The consonants in the title might be the same but the range of emotions I went through in the first Test between India and New Zealand was contrastingly different.

Usually I am all excited about an India series but this time led to my behavior towards this series was apathetic to say the least. Even before the series had begun, I was looking forward to India's tour of South Africa later this year haughtily dismissing the Kiwis as minnows and ripe for a good trounce. However, when i woke up on the fifth day, I expected a "meander to tame draw" headline to greet me but it was famously Chris Martin who was featured on Cricinfo's first page . I was a worried man, ruing my views on the Black Caps. At the end of the day I was a relieved man, with Bhajji finally showing his batting abilities and the ever dependable VVS on the other side to guide India to safe shores. Although, it sounds gross but the fact is that the Kiwis made me eat crow :P

P.S. I think India will thrash New Zealand in Hyderabad. Bachcha log these kiwi boys :D
0 Responses