Ray
If it is Eden Gardens, then it must be VVS scoring centuries for fun. If it is Eden Gardens, then it must be Bhajji taking wickets with the same passion as slapping naughty mallu boys :P. If its Eden Gardens, it must be India clinching a cliffhanger.

India's proud record at the hallowed grounds continued as they beat South Africa by an innings, in the process retaining its No. 1 ranking. It did not come without its hiccups though. A superhuman effort from the brilliant Hashim Amla almost halted India's charge as he spent almost close to 9 hours denying whatever our bowlers threw at him. But India got the other wickets quite cheaply, chief among them, Bhajji who took his 6th 5-for on this ground. Amit Mishra too, got the big wickets of Smith, Kallis and De Villiers.

I woke up at 5 am, extremely weary eyed I really don't know for what. Even as I waited for the website to load, I grimaced at the heavy possibility of a tame draw, Hashim Amla showing his middle finger and hungry Bengalis hurling bottles and rossogollas at our players. I chided myself for disturbing my sound sleep since my joints were aching from a game of dodgeball last night. My eyes agreed with my thinking wanting to close lest my fatigue escape . By the time the last wicket stand had batted for 126 balls, both my sleep and nails had vanished in the morning sunlight. I have to tell you, it was extremely frustrating with me jumping around in bed at that time of the morning and severely hoping that my vigil did not go in vain. And then Bhajji got the LBW and the crowd erupted. What atmosphere, what drama, what a victory. A highly cherished one this !.

Kudos to the India. Oye Chakde
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses