Ray
While browsing through Cricinfo's page 2 Doppelgangers on the night of 29th August, I saw their take on Dickie Bird, the eccentric English umpire and Stephen King, the famous American author(Horror genre, Shawshank redemption, green mile etc). It was almost midnight here. I felt like doing a bit of reading on King so I opened his wikipedia article. And what do I see, Stephen king born 1947 , died August 30, 2010. I wish I had taken a screenshot. I was quite shocked especially as the clock just chimed 12 am. I made numerous searches for breaking news but there was none , even on his official website. The article was back to its original form after 10 minutes and I fell asleep peacefully. Eerie I say. Apt time for a quote from his own works :-

"That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery." - Larry Underwood, The Stand
0 Responses