Ray
As if falling and graying hair weren’t clues enough, I get up today morning with a back and neck ache. Ouch ! it was painful and is still hurting as I write this entry. Ofcourse, there is no recession to blame for this but only my own stupid bed and perhaps China…..How? Just read on….

I have two beds at my place. One is a double bed kept specially for those eternally optimistic beliefs about meeting someone at the club or pub and one thing leads to another kind of fairy tales ;). Ok alright I am kidding. The truth of the matter is that two months ago I was living with two roomies who had to leave suddenly leaving this rotten piece of equipment behind. So when I moved I decided to bring this along. I also have my own bed but that is currently being used by my maata-shri. So now I sleep on this piece of junk whose springs have disintegrated like some trashy “Made in China” toy. Hey wait a minute , isn’t this bed made in China? Or for that matter everything from that battery in your mobile phone to the 50 inch of complex electronics hanging on your wall

China, a country that claims and is claimed by many to be the next super power by everyone and anyone who possesses a knowledge of current affairs even though those so called expert people might now even know their own neighbours. Just to give you a simple example….we bought a set of knives from Target stores obviously made with the Sino prowess. Unsurprisingly they were not too expensive but when it came to using them, they were so pathetic I might well have used my car keys to cut something. I doubt if they are even good enough to make an incision on my finger which ofcourse I didn’t try otherwise my mom would have woken up the neighborhood which incidentally does include a Chinese. Wonder if he would have proved his point then. And this is the case with most of the things they make, I guess durable and reliable does not feature in their manufacturing dictionary. Even the great democracy of India awoke to this bullshit and ousted the CPI.
Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Siddhesh Says:

    Interestingly, my daughter refuses to accept Made in China toys - she's convinced they won't last the day. And she's right, actually... most of the Chinese toys break off in less time it takes to open the packing on them.


  2. Ray Says:

    hehe, yeah these things are pretty horrible. I had earphones which did not even last three weeks.

    Wonder when we will see an ubiquitous "Made in India" label on all items all over the world.