Ray
A few days back a blood donation campaign was announced in the office. I have never donated blood before(For the record I have never donated anything other than a few engineering textbooks which I never used). My friend and I decided to do some worldly good and become famous in our office. So off we went, our foolhardiness dictating our minds, being heroes our only objective. We enter the room, the smile of ignorance not leaving our face. But as soon as our brain processes the scene in front of us, that smile is replaced by a tingly feeling in the gut. I hear strange sounds from behind me. I turn around and see my friend who is all ready to throw up and would do well do receive some blood rather than donating it. He does a harry potter and disappears amplifying my fear to urinating proportions.

But I stood my ground(albeit on wobbly feet) and went ahead. After signing a few thousand papers about my health, safe sex, my responsibilities and their lack of it, I am given a bed to relax. What an irony. But in seven minutes it is all over and a pint of the red liquid is safely packed away.


By donating a pint, I have saved three lives as informed by the attendant. For the first time in my life I felt that I had done something worthwhile and have now lost all fear. I will do it everytime till there is blood in me.
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I am proud of you buddy:)....Keep donating blood and saving lives :))M alwayz there to motivate you :D


  2. Siddhesh Says:

    :) I always run away from it thinking, hell, my blood group is common, who would need it anyway?

    You know, I remembered a friend of mine who went to donate blood, then fainted, and had to be given a couple of bottles of saline instead :)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Thats great... I felt the same way when I did my first blood donation.

    Keep it up!!!